Join us for three nights of live music and dancing!
June 28th, 29th, 30th
9:00 pm to 1:00 am – Rio Grande Beer Gardens
June 28th & 29th- Craig Moritz
June 30th- Travis Fowler Band
Craig Moritz is a rarity these days. He is a country boy at heart, a what you see is what you get kind of a guy who happens to write and sing some pretty good country music.
Craig is a native of Medicine Hat Alberta, but also has spent the better part of his life in Fort McMurray and now hails from the Calgary area.
Moritz is Alberta through and through. After growing up and working jobs from retail to oilfield, he knew he had yet to find his true path. Craig got hooked on the idea of becoming a country music artist after meeting Toby Keith and having a down to earth, “real” conversation about the music industry with him. Since then Craig has been inspired and motivated, working on a steady path towards his career as a country music artist and songwriter.
After cutting his teeth and gaining invaluable experience owning the road on the honky tonk circuit from the hard scrabble town of Fort McMurray in Canada’s tough and vast northern oil sands, to racking up the miles in every direction through western Canada and beyond, Craig has become a bona fide national star.
An avid animal lover and advocate, Craig is the celebrity spokesperson for Cats and Dogs International (CANDi), has three dogs (Gizmo, Stella and Kramer), and recently added a horse to his pet family (Kruze).
Craig working with CANDi in Bonfil, Mexico
- Selected for a prestigious new artist showcase by the Canadian Country Music Association in 2004.
- Debut album “The Way I Feel” produced by noted west coast producer Tom McKillip (One More Girl, Aaron Pritchett) released in 2005 and distributed by Royalty Records.
- Mainstay at major country events like the Calgary Stampede where his no nonsense, let’s get down to business and have a good time vibe has earned him a legion of die hard fans.
- 2008 release of “Down and dirty”, his second release on Royalty which featured the production talents of Dean Sams of country super group Lonestar, and Dean Miller, son of legendary country crooner Roger Miller.
- Debut video release of “Blame you” in 2009 produced by Vancouver’s Triton films.
- Craig has opened shows for and shared the stage with some of the greatest names in today’s country including Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, David Lee Murphy and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
- “Only When You’re Lonely” was recently showcased by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) at one of their prestigious publisher to publisher luncheons.
- Signed with On Ramp Records a division of EMI Music Canada in 2010.
- Third album, ‘Only When You’re Lonely’, release July 2011 with distribution through On Ramp Records.
- Official CANDi (Cats and Dogs International) spokesperson
Travis Fowler Band